Friday 3 July 2009

Thursday - a very bad day with a better ending

I went to work as normal, but was looking forward to the afternoon, when I was planned in to do something a bit different from normal - involving helping the latest training group. I had been looking forward to this all week.

Sadly, at about 10am I was told my services were not required for this, and being tired, and quite stressed over whats happening with Douglas, I didnt react very well at all, and ended up - quite honestly - making too much of a fuss about it. I was bitterly dissapointed that I wasnt needed, but later, when I understood why, it did make sense and was an entirely reasonable and logical decision.

I apologised to those I needed to say "sorry" to, and spent the rest of the day feeling very very down. I was so glad when it was time to go home!

I decided that before rushing out to see Douglas, I really should make myself a proper meal, so I made me a Thai red curry stir fry with veg and marinated tofu. I ate it with rice, and a bit of lime juice sprinkled on top! Yum. Douglas hates hospital dinners, so I cooked him some chops, and made some mash, and then did meals on wheels.

The meal on wheels was very much appreicated, and eaten with gusto! He is feeling fine in himself now - just need to get his blood sugar stablilsed, then he will be home with insulin to take on a regular basis, we think! Douglas, bless him, tries to see the good side, and said "at least I will get free prescriptions now!"

Having had a nice visit, I walked up to the car, and managed to trip over a bump in the road. I landed on my right knee, grazing it, and putting a hole in the top of my foot, and twisting my left ankle a little too.

Oh what a day.. can I order a Groundhog day please? After my bad day at work, then causing myself a lot of pain by falling over I really felt as though the day was a total right-off.

I got home, limped in, and cleaned up my knee, and watched some Telly. I checked my emails and lo! there was a message from Body of Sound...

GOOD NEWS AT LAST!!

I have been offered a place to start with the choir for their new term in September :-)

I had an early night, and Im feeling a bit more human this morning. The knee hurts when I bend it, and I still feel worried about poor old Douglas (nothing new there) but I will survive the day!

More posting soon.. oh, and the cats say Hi. Billy wants to know if any of you have any spare cat treats.. he says I dont feed him!! (Lies.. all lies!)

1 comment:

TDAIL said...

I've just been catching up on your blog and have read the chapter of events of 2nd July. Poor you - what a day. I wish I'd read this sooner so that I could maybe have given you some love and support when it was needed. Glad it ended well at least.