Wednesday 29 July 2009

Big Love

About a month ago, I filled a box with some treats for Simon, Ds younger brother who you may remember is residing in Ethiopia at the moment. The postal cost was shocking, but we rarely do Xmas or birthday presents for him, so we decided to go ahead anyway..

I have just got home to receive this lovely email from him!!

************

Hey guys,

Just wanted to really thankyou for the care package which arrived yesterday. I had Frosties for breakfast which was amazing, and I think my housemate was almost crying with joy as he ate his coco pops - he's been out here a while!

It's great to have some magazines to plow through - interesting to see Country Life in there - and I'm looking forward to the DVDs too. Have only seen Dr Strangelove, and then as a rather confused child. Plus I'm just reading the Odyssey, so I'm looking forward to watching it afterwards.

And then, of course, the Waitrose Earl Grey. That would be a massive treat at home, so out here it's like some kind of miracle. THANKS!

Hope things are going alright back home. The talent show sounded, entertaining?

Keep well and keep safe, thanks again, it was such a massive treat to get it.

Big love,

Simon

xxx

***

I think he and his housemate are rather happy bunnies :-) Its great to know that the box arrived safely and that the rather strange and varied content are being appreicated.

1 comment:

Mike said...

Country Life???!?