Friday 3 July 2009

Wednesday

On Wednesday Douglas went to his outpatients clinic and had his normal blood test and went home having posted a "Care Package" off to Simon in Addis Ababba.

I got a call to my mobile from the Clinic saying Douglases resulsts showed very high blood sugar, so I phoned Douglas and the end result is back in hospital yet again!

Douglas drove to my work place, then I took him to the hospital and left him being taken to his regular ward, where a bed awaited. I rushed home, collected his pillows, his breathing machine.. books.. all the normal stuff he needs, fed the cats and went back.

Having delivered all the home comforts and a kiss, I vanished again, as I had a concert to go to in town. I saw a group of singers at Christmas called Body of Sound and was so impressed I wanted to join them! They were hosting a concert in town so I had to hurry off.

The concert was great, and I got to chat with some of the members who seem very pleasant. I now just had to wait to hear if they have a place for me.

I got home quite late, but it took a while for me to unwind before I was ready to sleep.

No comments: