Thursday 16 July 2009

Not Swine Flu

I went into work as usual on Tuesday, but over the last few days i have been developing an upper respitorary infection that also made my inner ears tingle a bit. I didnt feel fantastic, but I enjoy my job so went in.

By about 10am, my voice was going croakey through coughing, and as was feeling hot and rubbishy. I called to explain something to a customer and by the end of a 5 min conversation I knew I just couldnt carry on, so I packed up my stuff, explained to my boss, apologised and went home. Douglas, bless him, came and rescued me, and I went straight to bed.

My friend, Malc, who sits beside me, said that going home was for the best. Its nice when someone at work can say "Im glad you are going home" and you know its because they want the best for you, and its not malicious!

Its now Thursday evening, and my voice is still very hoarse, but Im feeling much better in my self. I hope that if I rest my voice as much as I can over the weekend, I can make it back to work for Monday.

No comments: