Wednesday 27 February 2008

Bad news

Found out that my house in Loughborough where I used to live has been damaged by the earthquake last night :-(

According to my dear ex-neighbours from over the road (very fondly known as Mr & Mrs Nosey-Parker) alerted the agents and my mum. Douglas sent me a text and of course, true to form I had a minor panic.

Having found out it looks like a few bricks, and a few tiles, I called Terry for Everything (Wonderful chap) one of his guys will go round tomorrow and do any emergency work needed, and provide a quote for the rest.

I called the insurers, the bloke I talked to on the phone seemed unaware of the 'quake last night, so Ive sent him this link which shows who felt it!

Now calming down and finishing lunch. Deeep breaths... in.......... out...... heart rate will slow... in... out .... (panic panic lol)

Im sure it will be ok.. it will be covered on the insurance.. its one of the 9 Major Risks that all insurers cover (Fire, Storm, Smoke,Earthquake, Escape of Water, Flood, Theft, Subsidance and oh darn cant remember the other one!!) Well it has been over a year since I did home insurance.. forgive me please ;-)

Deeep breaths again.. in.... out......

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh dear, that is such a shame. You are so lucky to have Terry on hand. Here in the frozen north, we felt nothing.

Unless that is why I fell out of bed ;-)

tdmil

Anonymous said...

I didn't think I'd know anyone affected by the quakes, but blow me, now I do. I'm sorry to hear about your property being damaged. No-one hurt I assume? I didn't understand the comment about D. Was he there at the time? I hope not.
Hugs, Anti.

Mrshappyanna said...

Thanks for the comments.. Anti.. Douglas was contacted by the agents, and he sent me a text letting me know what had happened.

No damage to any persons, thank goodness!

Oh and TDMIL - yes it must have been so strong all the way up North that it made you fall out of bed lol! (poor you)

Pengper said...

never knew anything about an earthquake?!?! Was it strong? Where on the Righter Scale? Aaaah! I'm gonna be hit by earthquakes! All dooooooooooooooooombed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ARG! wait. Aughnty Anna said deep breaths.......