Friday 1 February 2008

We are alive

Just to say we are ok.. Douglas had another Iron transfusion and came out feeling like a pin cushion :-( Poor boy... Hes also had a bit of gout in one of his toes, and walked into the mop bucket this morning, so I can report with all honesty that he has "kicked the bucket" lol

I went out with a lovely lady called Dovina last night - shes from the Phillipines. We got friendly as we get on at the same stop on the tram, and both love chinese food, and decided to do an "all you can eat" evening. I ate..

Spring rolls (mini)
Samosa triangles (mini)
Egg Fried Rice
Chow mein with onion chunks.. yum..
Red thai curry
lentil and potato thingy
green beans in a very hot chilli sauce..
pancakes that go with duck, and the shredded veg that go with it..
hoi sin sauce
curry sauce

For desert I had...

2 slices of swiss roll
1 slice of choc swiss roll
Sliced strawberries..
all covered in glourious melted chocolate from a chocolate fountain.

We got the tram home stuffed and happy, having chatted and ate solidly for an hour and a half!!

I walked up the hill and found my neighbours hall light was on.. shes been in hospital for 3 weeks with a hip replacement then a dicky heart. It was very good to see her again and she appreciated me popping in. I hope Douglas will go see her this afternoon on his way home.

For the weekend - well I might go to Lough to see the amazingly transformed house, and also with a bit of luck I will go down to Leicester, which isnt much further, to see a friend Ive made on Runescape but never met! Her name is Heather, aka Mummybear. Shes a bit older than me and his kids - we get on really well on line so it will be fun to meet up!

1 comment:

Pengper said...

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmchocolatefountainmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmremindsmeofabitofofthevicarofDibleymmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...