Saturday 16 February 2008

Saturday

Billy woke me by threatening to bop me over the head with a baseball bat unless I got up and fed him - reluctantly, and after another sleep of an hour or so, I got up at 7am.

I checked my emails, watched tv, played with cats and sent a good morning text to the loved one, played Runescape for an hour then, as I promised myself, I got on with the housework. Lilly is joining in with the chase the dead bit of papyrus game very nicely now.

Ive taken the plants off the worktop in front of the sink, and given that area and the window a good clean - the plants are now on a different window sill, much to the interest of Billy, who immediatley jumped up and tried to weave his way between the window and said plants! I could see the plants ending up on the floor, so promptly removed Cat to sofa. Cat not impressed! lol.

After a mid morning nap (suggested by beloved husband by text) I threw mountains of washing downstairs, stripped out bed, and stripped the spare double as it had had kids in it, and cats on it.

I popped in to see our neighbour, Margaret, who is slowly recovering from a hip replacement, then went on to visit Douglas, who is in good spirits, and although feeling a bit grotty, managed to eat his lunch (and keep it down).

I patchworked, and we were entertained by some Doctors practicing their 6 min patient examination techniques for their MRCS exams in March. It was interesting to see their techniques, and to wonder if their examination led them to realise that Ds kidneys are missing.

Now Im back home till about 6.30pm when its visitng time again!

With a bit of luck D will be out home tomorrow, but we have to wait for his blood results. Will keep you all posted.

PS he sends his love and is cheery as ever.

No comments: