Sunday 24 February 2008

Busy Saturday (Part One)

Yesterday, Robert (afore mentioned Uncle) showed me his "Brick" mobile phone which I gave him about 6 years ago. It had died. RIP Brick! lol

There was no cure for the disease it had, so having shown Robert a Nokia 1112 (very very basic phone, a few steps up from "Brick" ) on my mums internet, he parted with £20 for me to purchase said handset the next day.

I made a quick trip out before our visitor was due to arrive (more on that later) - I purchased the mobile (£25 including £10 credit on the new Sim card) nipped round to Tesco to get some smoked mackerel and some low fat cream cheese, then took my computer to a local repair shop, and begged them to sort it out, as it keeps crashing, and at present will not go past a blue screen :-( He seemed apologetic that I would have to leave it with them until Wednesday for a diagnosis.. well that seems incredibly fast to me, but lets see how they do.

I got home, and found Douglas had done a quick whip round the house, making it from tidy to glistening!! I wish I had that skill too!!!!

D wanted the fish and cream cheese to make Mackerel Pate.. recipe follows.

Two bits of Mackerel (smoked)
One pack of low fat cream cheese
Rind of one lemon (unwaxed if possible)
Salt & Pepper to taste.

D flakes the fish and mixes it and the lemon rind up with the cream cheese, seasons to taste then scoops it all into a nice little dish and.. voilla! Pate! Very simple, but if you eat/like fish very tasty I beleive.

No comments: