Tuesday 25 March 2008

Comments :-)

Thank you for all your comments.. indeed I am a very lucky girl having such generous relations, and relations in law ;-) and I appreciate the wonderul cards and pressies I got!

My three best cards... an extremley naughty funny one from Anti.. the promise of a stripper on the front.. and inside a rather bulgy naked cartoon man with a willy that whizzed round and round to music!! I, and the various kids thought it was great but I think my mum was (or pretended to be) a bit shocked. Sadly Ive left it at my mums house (had to hide it to prevent the kids wearing the battery out) but I will get it back soon, and scan it in :-)

Other best card was a very cheeful rainbow one from Dreaded Mum in Law.. I think she must know I have had a passion for rainbows for many years so its bright cheerful ness was just perfect :-)

My mum and dad got me a card that was a bit plain on the front, but inside mum had stuck a photo of me, aged 10 months walking around with a little trolley of bricks - very cute.. and whats more.. she still has the dress I was wearing!! Ahhhh :-) Will scan that in too :-)

As for Jaks comment.. Brits tend to think that Americans over do the "ahhh factor" but then they probably think we all have stiff upper lips :-)

1 comment:

jaklumen said...

Brits tend to think that Americans over do the "ahhh factor"

*smites Anna from on high with the Colossal Rubber Chicken of Doom(c)*

Tut, tut, tut, tut (and some more tut, with some tsks thrown in), Anna... don't believe what you see on American TV or movies! It is tantamount to ogling mainstream Hollywood and pretending American independent film doesn't exist.

This is another "You don't do this, but others do", so I don't mean you personally, but I have caught some Brits assuming Americans are like what they see on the telly, and then being shocked when they discover... they can't be so broadly stereotyped. That goes for American media, too. All that glitters is not necessarily gold; you're looking at a lot of pyrite sometimes.