Monday 31 March 2008

Billy, Simon and Sunday!

Ds turn to cook today - i got him some "yellow labled" beef from the supermarket yesterday (by yellow labled, I mean reduced for quick sale) so he coated it with honey and mustard for a slow roast.

Whilst he was busy in the kitchen, he made Billy (on of our cats, for those of you who didnt know) a very happy little boy, by opening the back door and giving him his freedom. Lilly, whilst progressing nicely still shys away when we try to touch her. She will sniff our hands and rub her head on our hands if we keep them very still, but stroking or picking up is months away!!

Douglas told me Billy was going out, and because I'm a Nervous Nelly when it comes to my little boy going out, so I decided to stay upstairs, and distract myself with Runescape. There is some soppy quote about if you love something enough, give it its freedom, and if it loves you enough, it will return. Well.. after an hour of presumably glorious hunting and exploring, he stolled back in, a very cat!! When Douglas told me he had returned, I rushed down and gave him lots of love and strokes to tell him what a good boy he was.

Douglas got love and strokes for making a wonderful job of cleaning the kitchen too.. ;-) hes a good cat erm I mean husband lol

All the tidying and cooking we did on Saturday and Sunday (over and above what we would normally do, that is) was in honour of a visit by D's brother Simon, and his friends Sarah and Tom. Tom is a bit like Silent Bob, as in Jay and Silent Bob. We like both of these friends very much, and its always nice to have them to visit (Simon too, of course!!)

Douglas made some sushi rice, and prepared some salmon and veg before they arrived, and after handing out the booze, gave them a hands on Sushi making lesson. They enjoyed making then eating!!

We filled them up with home made soup, dips and crisps, then they decided to watch Hot Fuzz on DVD. Its a very funny cop film. I washed up, and made some lamb burgers for Douglas (for later in the week) then went and updated my other lovely birthday pressie, my Sat Nav.

I browsed the various voices available for download, and found that I could turn my Sat Nav voice into that of a Darlek!!

Being a nice person, I gave the posse a lift home, as it would take them ages to get back via tram (which, as we drove past it was obvious they would have missed) They found the Darlek directions very funny, and so did I, but they were pretty incomprehensionable, so when I got home, I changed it back to the one I had before.

Got home, bed, sleep zzzzzzz

8 comments:

jaklumen said...

Wow!! That!! must!! be!! really!! exciting!! You!! seem!! to!! like!! exclamation points!! ;)

Mrshappyanna said...

There is nothing wrong with expressing my enthusiasm with !!! s and I shall continue to do so ad infinitum!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm a bit guilty of that too!

or even !!!

Mrshappyanna said...

All hail the wonderful "!!!!!" !

hahah!

Thank you for your support - its what mother in laws are for lol :-)

jaklumen said...

There is nothing wrong with expressing my enthusiasm with !!! s and I shall continue to do so ad infinitum!!!!!!!!!!!!

It looks unrefined.

Even mainstream comic books have generally abandoned multiple exclamation marks (not to mention the obsolete "?!" and the like).

It's one thing when it's used occasionally; grammar rules have been known to be broken and Winston Churchill is rather famous for his objection to being corrected for ending sentences with a preposition.

But when it's every other paragraph, it totally robs the exclamation point of its emphasis.

...unless you mean to say you are that giddy and manic about it, and that frequently, or something.

Pengper said...

BTW in the profettional opignion (spelling?) of Mr. Terry Pratchet (Wikipedia him) writing any more than 3 exclamation marks is one of the less noticable signs of madness!!!!!!

Mrshappyanna said...

Spelling.. Professional Opinion :-)

but I absolutley love the idea that I might be mad!!!! lol (truth is.. Ive been mad for years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hahah)

Mrshappyanna said...

Yeah well thats me ;-) unrefined Anna... and I shall continue to be so until Death decides to take me !

We are both entitled to our opinions ;-)