Sunday 6 April 2008

Computers.. love em and hate em..

At the beginning of this week, I got my computer home from the menders once more. When I play Runescape the computer image freezes at random intervals and sometimes the picture on the screen vanishes, and its as though the PC has turned itself off.

The computer has been in to this particular repairers twice now due to this, and having tested it during the week is still not fixed. Its better, but not totally :-( Will have to take it back again. Humph.

Later on in the week, my mum called for some computer help, so on Thursday I went round and tried to sort the problem out, but on Friday evening had a panicked call from her saying i had deleted all her contacts in her hotmail account!! I accessed her account from here, found them all to be in place which was odd. She booked me in for a visit after overtime at work on Saturday.

Saturday pm.

Overtime went well, got lots done.. then went over to my 2nd job, as tech support ;-)

It looks like hotmail has got problems so I found my mum a way around the difficulty she had encountered. I also..

Registered my parents for Telephone and Mailing Preference services (to reduce junk mail and calls)

Put various photos from her camera onto her computer so she can email them to people

Put photos of their old bathroom suite on Photobucket

Put old bathroom suite up for grabs on Freecycle

Installed her new printer/scanner correctly

Scanned some old family photos, then printed them out (Mum watched this happen, and judging by her reaction, it was better than a magic show to her)

After all that, I came home to find Douglas has made quite a nice job of planting our new apple tree. He also let Billy out for some exercise, but the dear cat only stayed out 5 mins, presumably he did not appreciate the rain and hail, and decided indoors was nicer. This does, of course, not prevent him from standing by the back door after he has had his evening meal, and yowling at us.

We will get my dad to install a cat flap soonish, and when Billy has learnt to use it, he can please himself.

Lilly is getting more confident with us.. she still flinches and runs if we try to stroke her, but she only runs a very short distance before returning. Compared to how she was in December, she has improved by leaps and bounds, but there is still a long way to go before we can get anywhere near her to put her collar and name disc on.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your mum is very lucky to have you to fix things. So sorry to hear about the problems you have been having