Wednesday 16 April 2008

Sunday

The kids acutally slept till about 7, which was good - it constitutes a lie-in for them I suspect!

I started the morning by teaching the twins how to make eggy bread (aka French Toast) as they adore it. Both kids are quite good at breaking eggs, but don't quite have the "whisking" technique right yet.

I got the kids, one at a time, to put a knob of marge into the frying pan, turn on the gas and wait for the sizzle. I got them to practice the frying pan shuffle to make their eggy bread move, and then with the fish slice, they turned it over. Martha has a bit more skill than Leo in this, whose slice of eggy bread refused to flip :-)

I grilled some bacon, and the end result was two full happy kids, having almost cooked all of their own breakfasts!

Yesterday I purchased 2 large bags of carrots.. gave one to Thomas, and decided to turn some of my bag full into carrot cake.

Imagine the scene.. 3 smallish kids. one grater on a plate and a carrot each!

The end result was a lovely cake!

gotta dash.. lunch break over..

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like great fun - want some of that carrot cake!

Mrshappyanna said...

If I thought It would survive the post.. I would send you some!!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Wish my boys had access to such a great team. They are sooo lucky to have such patient, fun and creative relatives who not only live close by but who want to spend time with them. BTW your motto for the Big A was spot on! Everything was definitely further than you think :-). Had an amazing time though. Lots of love xxx