Monday 14 April 2008

Busy Saturday

My little brother persuaded me to attend a singing day run by a choir called Purple Cats I persuaded my mum to come with me!

We had a really interesting day.. learning words, then the tune, putting them together, then learning harmonies, and eventually singing the whole song!

We learnt two songs.. a Gospel song, that made me want to hear real Gospel singers doing their thing, and a South African protest song, also very good.

The day was good, but hard work, and at afternoon break my mum was exhausted and her voice was going - I was tired too after a bad nights sleep, so we made our apologies and crept out.

I got back to find Douglas fast asleep in bed.. he too had a busy day, doing some overtime at work, ensuring that their new phone system worked.

Billy was pacing, so I let him out for a walk, thinking he wouldnt go too far, and that he would be back before Martha, Leo and Carlo arrived for the evening to stay over.

1 hour after exit.. no Billy.. he will be back soon.. we were sure...

2 hours after exit.. no Billy. Its getting cold outside, we dont have a cat flap. Back door still open :-( Its raining and the house is cold.

3 long stressful hours, after calling the damn cat, shaking his food and searching for him with no joy.. He (the Damn cat) walks in, cool as you please, sopping wet and happy to be home.

3 hours and a few mins later.. Anna and Douglas collapse into each others arms, so happy that the errant Damn cat decided to come home :-)

3.5 hours later.. Cat drying off, A&Ds blood pressure back to normal. Phew.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cat was out having a GREAT time!

Mrshappyanna said...

Yeah, cat was having so much fun that he lost his nice expensive click together safety collar lol...

Time to get a cheapo collar for the little tyke and get best dad in the world to come cut a hole in our upvc door and fit the cat flap :-)