Tuesday 29 April 2008

Pain :-(

Got Internet back on Saturday (Yipiee!) turns out we had the wrong power cable plugged into the modem (deep shame) so once engineer had fixed that, we had connection again.

On Thursday evening I started to get some pain "int gob" so spent Friday calling the dentist to try and get booked in. I tried all day, and just got an ansaphone service saying "sorry we cant take your call, leave a message" so I did. Finally, I looked at the opening hours on the net, and found out the flipping dentist was closed all day (Howl).

I had a bad night Saturday, due to the pain, so called the NHS out of hours service, and got an appointment fairly close by at midday (well.. turn up and wait, anyway). When I eventually saw the Dentist, he said I had an abcess under where the tooth I had taken out in January was, and that it was affecting the tooth next door :-( Gave me antibiotics.

Meanwhile.. on Saturday.. Douglas bent his big toe back when he tripped on something, so he was in pain too. His pain increased over Saturday night, and at 3am he woke me up, fearing that he had actually broken his foot somehow, as the pain was so bad.

We went to A&E and after only about 3 hours and an xray, Douglas was told he had not broken anything, it was just a sprain. Poor lamb.. we went home, both feeling totally rotten, and spent Sunday eating pain killers and trying to catch up on sleep, since Douglas had had none, and I had about 3 hours worth.

Monday.

Still both in pain.. no work for either of us today. Went to my dentist who gave me two options for tooth.. either root canal, which might not work, or say bye bye to the tooth, which would work. Im sorry to say Ive decided to go down the "bye bye tooth" option. Ouch. Booked in for 12th may.

Douglas can just about hobble round the house, but is still in a lot of pain, partly due to sprain, but more so to do with a flare up of gout in the toe he bent.

Poor us... sympathy, flowers, crutches, pain killers and soft food all accepted gratefully ;-)

2 comments:

Mrshappyanna said...

Thank you.. feeling a bit better now, but d is still at home. Poor thing..

Anonymous said...

You poor things :-( Oodles of sympathy from all of us.