Monday 21 April 2008

A weekend with a difference - Sunday

I woke at about 8 on Sunday morning. Heather and I got dressed leisurley, and then managed to get Peter to wake in time for breakfast.

Heather got a paper, and I had two books - one called The Boyln Inheritance, and one about Queen Victorias youngest daughter, so we read until about 12, and headed back up to Ellies pub (having packed the car)

Ellie treated us to traditional Sunday lunch.. the same for all of us but no meat for me, of course! It consisted of Roast Lamb (didnt look very nice, served on a rather unweildy bone) Commercially prepared roasts pots and new pots, yorkshire and carrots, horrible grey looking peas, and home cooked cabbage. The cabbage was the tastiest bit! Ellie had kindly made me veggie gravy, so with salt and brown sauce I ate a fair bit of what I was given.

After lunch, we propped up the bar for a bit longer, and headed home. Peter drives very fast. I
sat in the back of his small "fiesta like" 3 doored car, trying not to let the steatbelt cut me into two bits. I dozed off for some of the journey.. partly due to being tired, and partly due to self defence!! ;-)

I was glad to be home (got home about 3pm) and after a short break, Peter continued his journey, and took Heather back to Leicester.

I do hope all of us can meet up again soon, I plan to go down to Leicester at some point during the summer and have a day out with Heather, as we would both enjoy that.

After snuggling up on the sofa with Douglas, I crept into bed at about 9pm, and, unusually for me, did not wake once in the night, didnt even notice D coming to bed at whatever time he did. I was out for the count.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a lovely time you had.

That roast lamb on the bone sounds delicious, especially if you can dig at the marrow...

Mrshappyanna said...

Normally I would say Roast Lamb does look nice..(even if I dont eat it) but this.. somehow it didnt look very appetising! :-(