Monday 3 March 2008

Saturday

Quite a busy day, so I got up early (having been pinned one one position for too long by the cats - one happy black and white cushion on the bed each side of me!)

My little brother had invited us for lunch, so I wanted to make an apple crumble to go with it. Douglas made the crumble whilst I went shopping.

I got back to a rather urgent call from my mum. The earthquake damage to my soon to be let house had got worse due to the high winds last night. The neighbours house has also been damaged by some flying tiles.

Crumble making went on hold.

I had got hold of the loss adjusters phone number and persuaded him to go take a look, even though he told me he didnt work weekends! He came back to me an hour or so later to say the chimney will need removing and replacing :-( Glad we have insurance, but hes going to haggle for not paying the whole lot due to nail fatigue (rusty nails on roof) He is not aware hes in for a fight on that one!

Crumble making continued, then we went to Thomases for a very nice lunch. Crumble could have been cooked more - and I should not have listened to Ds advice about putting the apples in raw. Normally I cook the apples, then mix in blackcurrants (I put in raspberries this time) then once its all cooked put it in a dish with the crumble topping. I will continue doing that next time!!

After lunch we went round to the local Methodist Church - as Thos, Martha and Leo were all starring in "The Pied Piper of Hamelin" Panto, which they have been rehearsing for months and months and months!!! Katy had made a lovely job of a screen, with a river and some hills as her contribution.

The two hour Panto shot by.. I hardly recognised my darling little brother for reasons that will become clear if you look at the photo. Martha was "the little girl who got left behind" and Leo was a bionic rat (yeah slightly off the original story but what the heck.. it was great!)



My brother is on the left (he was the Mayors Wife, the person in the pink wig is another "dad" and M&L are in the middle. Martha has hurt her leg again, so shes on crutches poor thing!

No comments: