Thursday 27 March 2008

Cousins!

Yesterday Douglas and I went round to my parents house to celebrate the 23rd birthday of my cousin Margaretta.

It was quite a family gathering - Margarettas dad, my Uncle Bill had come over from Germany where he lives. My cousins Michael and Chris, Bills other offspring also came to visit for the celebration.

Bill moved to Germany many years ago, and all his children have dual nationality, and speak both languages. Margaretta lives down South and is training to be a nurse, Michael has lived in our city for a few years, doing his A levels and hoping for a place at Medical School or something similar, and Chris (whom I last saw when I as 7!) is an articulated truck driver - those huuge ones that do long distances!

We all had curry, which Chris took great delight in organising, and telling us how to eat our poppadoms etc as if we had never had curry before :-) hes a very interesting character, and I hope that it won't be 33 years until I see him again!!

It was a lovely evening, with all the males in the family cracking jokes, being witty and generally being their normal selves :-)

Tomrorow we go round to Thomases, to see everyone again!

No comments: