Monday 19 November 2007

Elvis has landed...

Ive had a good week - yesterday (Sunday) the conference finished at about 1pm, and my friend was exhausted.

She rested on her bed, and didnt feel like going out or anything so we watched "carp" tv in her room, chatted, which was very pleasant.

We had room service (egg and chips for her, omlette and ditto for me) whilst watching "Cranford" by Elizabeth Gaskell on BBC1 (It was marvelous). I cant remember what else we watched on TV but after watching a DVD called "The Black Dalhia" it was about 1am so I crawled back to my room and slept.

I got woken at 3am by a car alarm nearby then someone knocking on my door very loudly. My first thoughts were that Shelly had had some kind of accident and the staff were knocking to alert me, but no one answered when I asked who was there. It took a while for my heart rate to settle again - I was quite scared!

I got up at 8.30 packed and had breakfast, then at about 10 I helped Shelly shower, dress and pack. By 11.30 we checked out, left our cases and got a taxi into town and saw "Elizabeth" at the Cinema (excellent film)

The taxi driver to the airport seemed very keen to help but totally useless, it was very stressful trying to get him to take us to the right place, go into the car park to shorten the walk to where we could check in and the staff would provide a wheelchair for Shelly.

The plane was a bit late, but all went smoothly. We got a taxi back to Shellys, then she drove me the hour or so up to the hospital D is in, dropped me off and went home. I got to the hospital at about 9pm, had just a little time with him to hug and kiss and see his sore arm before bundling loads of dirty clothes into his suitcase, and setting off home to see my parents who are just in the process of moving house today.

Now Im home and checked a few emails.. I have so much post and stuff to sort out as poor D has been in hospital for most of the time Ive been gone.

Promise more on how he is etc tomrorow but Im sure you understand when I say Bed is the next priority.

love to you all and thanks for texting him, and messages on blog. xoxoxo

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Welcome home! And love to your parents! tdmil