Monday 12 November 2007

Monday

Good day at work for me.. just processing applications all day for people who want to get registered as carriers of waste (think builders rubble, landscape gardeners, scrap metal merchants, companies who take your personal rubbish away)

I normally go on the phones alot but only had half an hour first thing, and half an hour to finish with.

I had my "one to one" with my team leader Joe, who wanted to know how things are going (very well thank you!) and set me a few challenges for next month - one of which is to get my "competencies" folder up and going. Its rather soon, but if I put it in in January I might end up with £1k pay rise!

Douglas got his plasma exchange today (machine fixed) and hes a little weak and wimpy but well enough to tuck into 3 beefburgers, a volcano mound of mashed potato and some sprouting broc that I made him! I made loads of mash, so that should sort him out for tomorrow as well.

Can anyone spot the film reference in that last paragraph???? A prize for the first person who can spot it, and tell me the name of the film :-)

Im off to Bonny Scotland as soon as Shelly picks me up tomorrow, so hopefully will keep blogging from there :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's either M*A*S*H (too obvious) or Close Encounters of the Third Kind (something to do with the mound of potato). I claim my prize! Anti. xx

Mrshappyanna said...

Congratulations we have a winner!!!!! ***Anti*** wins a prize the answer was Close Encounters where the guy heaps up his mash to look like the mountain near where the ailens will land :-)

Um now.. what can i get you as a prize.. oh I know! a text from Glasgow!!!! hahaha

love u lots,
Annaxxx

Anonymous said...

A virtual hug from both of you would be a worthy prize. Food luck with your Scottish venture. Anti.

Anonymous said...

chiz chiz chiz, I didn't get it!

tdmil