Monday 5 November 2007

The weekend! (Saturday)

We got on the tram into town on Saturday morning and met up with my Sister in Law and the 3 kids. M&L came with us, their little brother will be delivered to us a bit later. We visited the local “lush” shop, got the kids to choose a bath bomb for their bath that evening, and went home on the tram.

We had a lovely day, we watched a film, then – L helped unpack the new lawnmower whilst M washed up. M volunteered to do this much to our surprise – L was not so keen on helping with the mower – he wanted to read the Roald Dhal book I found him earlier!

The kids and Douglas watched “The Last Mimzy” a slightly sentimental sci fi film whilst I played upstairs online, then, when it had finished, C was delivered to us for the evening and night in a much better mood than he was earlier!!

The twins and I made cakes – a few plain cupcakes for D, then we threw cocoa powder in to make choccie cake for the rest of us. After feeding them pizza for tea we went outside and Douglas lit some fireworks. M&L enjoyed them very much, but C, being only 4 didn’t like them at all – so I put the “electronic nanny” on and let him watch Childrens BBC. Every few fireworks I nipped in to make sure he was ok – I don’t think he moved once!

I took C upstairs to play snakes and ladders whilst I ran his bath. He enjoyed sloshing around, and went to bed without a complaint afterwards! I read him a story, kissed him goodnight and he was as good as gold until morning. The older two also had a bath, and enjoyed their bath bomb. They took slightly longer to go to sleep, but all was quiet by about 9pm.

Douglas and I were exhausted but we had a lovely day with them. They, and we slept like logs :-)

No comments: