Saturday 24 November 2007

Saturday

D is continuing to get better - his arms are still sore but so much better than they were, and although he is still rather spotty, and has mouth ulcers and cold sores, hes in good spirits and came with me to visit my parents new house, which is not too far from our local Tesco :-)

I did a huge sort out of all our recyling, which normally sits quite quietly in a double doored cupboard under our microwave. Our civic amenity site seems only to open in hours of daylight, and since I work 9.30 - 5.30 its been difficult for me to get there, so the reclying was almost shreiking to be sorted and taken away.

I felt so much better when id done the recycling trip, done mountains of hand washing (most of my stuff is not machine friendly cause I like hippy things) I also did loads of washing up, and some cooking.

Roast Beef

Now, Im a veggie, but Douglas loves his meat.

I purchased a nice lump of Organic Beef at Asda, and set it on a trivet made from 3 carrots. I made up some powdered English Mustard with some water and some olive oil, threw in some mixed herbs some bashed up garlic, made it all into a paste and spread it on the beef.

Douglas put it into our gas oven on about Gas 3, and about 3 hours later, out came a very tasty looking lump of cow! :-) He said it tastes wonderful.

Hes happy to kill, prepare and cook his meat so I feel he has the moral right to eat it. People who have never, and would never kill and prepare an animal to eat it are hypocrites if they eat it.

(thats my view and Im sticking to it!! Im not prepared to kill animals so I dont eat them)

I wonder.. am I then hypocritical for preparing and cooking meat for others?? All comments welcome :-)

5 comments:

Elaine said...

Naw, you're a wife and do what you must without compplaining.

Aye, right.

tdmil

Anonymous said...

At this house we are omnivores. One of us a hunter and both are gatherers. Both are willing to (and do)prepare and eat the result of the hunt. The feezer has plenty venison, trout & pheasant though lacking rabbit at the moment. Maybe you should send D here to partake of these delights. Bless you for tolerating the beliefs/habits of others. Love, Anti.

Anonymous said...

Hi Anna

Love the sound of the beef- well done you for putting up with the smell which must have filled the house (my mouth is watering at the prospect). Don't agree about the eating / prepared to kill stuff - I would kill and eat, but don't often have to, but I can empathise with those who find blood and killing difficult. In less carbon-worrisome days I wouldn't expect anyone with an open fire to be prepared to go down a deep coal mine.
We have a recycling collection here, but have to deal with cardboard ourselves; it tends to build up in a heap behind the bin... I know the feeling ;-)

Mrshappyanna said...

to Elaine - Hearty laughter - I do what I do because it makes me feel better and cause i love your son :-)

to Anti (dreaded Aunt in law) thank you and yes Im sure he would love to see you both and also eat all those meats :-) Im sure he would come back rather rounder than he is now! lol

to Mike didnt expect you to agree with my opinion :-) I dont mind the smell of the meat - I used to love meat I just choose not to eat it nowadays.

Our recycling here is carp.. they only pick up paper once a month. Grr

jaklumen said...

How luxurious to have recycling picked up... I must take all of it to the recycling center myself.