Thursday 25 June 2009

A few days off

Quite a while ago Douglas and I booked a few days off - can't remember why, but this is the first of them.

Having fed the Sacred Beasts at 6am, I went back to bed and slept through till about 9, which is a real luxury on a week day. Im normally up by half five (in the summer, anyway as its so light) and out the house by 7 to start work at ten to 8.

After my sleep in, I slowly pottered round the house getting stuff ready to go to the Building Soc then onto Waitrose to fill our fridge and freezer.

In town I noticed there was a farmers market, so I purchased a little tub of potted meat and some sliced beef to try and tempt the still poorly Douglas to eat.

I went to Waitrose, purchased loads of things, including various bits n peices for Simon in Ethiopia, and rushed home, choc ices and frozen stuff in my hessian bags, needing the coolth of the freezer as soon as possible.

Douglas had just managed to get himself up when I got back, so i treated him to some Elderflower cordial. Much to my delight, he had a bit of toast with potted meat on! I thought about things that would make tasty small Douglas meals all the way round the farmers market and the supermarket, and it looks like my care and attention has paid off. I got some cold beef for him, and some smoked salmon offcuts too, so I hope I can slowly slowly wean him back into an eating Douglas, rather than a feeling sick and upchucking Douglas.

I will keep you informed as to how things progress.

This afternoon, Billy has decided to have a nap by my side, sprawled out on his favouite white fake fur cusion cover. This is a much adored place for both Sacred Beasts to recline whilst being worshipped :-)

I need to pop up to a branch of hobbycraft. A member of my team at work is going to celebrate her birthday soon, so I am sorting out her gift. She loves making cards and decorating letters to her friends, so a crafty place sounds just right!

Not sure if I can persuade D to come with me.. the store dosnt have a wheelchair because the last one got stolen :-(

More later mabye,
Anna

2 comments:

TDAIL said...

Good to get your news and hope D's tiny meal is agreeing with him. Not good to hear he is STILL poorly. Love and hugs to both.

Marcheline said...

Anna,

So sorry to hear D is still sick! Hoping there's a turnaround soon. If D is anything like me, not being able to eat would be almost as bad as being sick.

We'll all do the "Mr. Happy Dance" over here. Wait, that sounded kinda... you know what I meant 8-)

- M