Thursday 18 June 2009

The Stupid Cat (aka Billy)

Last night, having visited Douglas, I played a bit on the computer and stumbled up to bed.

I was very tired.

Normally, every morning I get woken earlier than I would to be woken, by a very happ, large and loving cat walking up the length of my body purring loudly at me. This is Billys morning routine to tell me

a) how much he loves me
b) how much more he would love me if I got up and fed him.

This morning it was Lilly that woke me, walking along the side of the bed and brushing up past my legs and back. No sign of Billy.. Hmm.

I dragged my eyes open and went down the stairs from our attic bedroom and heard a small but pathetic wail from behind a door. I opened the spare room door and out walked a rather grumpy Billy!! He had been trapped in their all night, poor boy!

Ok.. so I was tired yesterday but I'm sure I didnt open or close that door... has he learnt to teleport?

If he has I wish he would teach me..

I talked to Douglas this evening, and he says that Billy has learnt that if he puts his full (considerable) weight on the door by putting his front paws up on it and pushing, he can open it!

He must have opened it enough to slink in, then tried to put his weight on the other side to get out, thoroughly closing the pop-to fasten door trapping him.

Silly Billy!! I sitll love him though.... how could i not? Evidence below :-)

1 comment:

TDAIL said...

Dogs can perform this trick too....