Sunday 28 June 2009

Fridays activities

Douglas felt up for going out!!

We slept in long and late (of course I woke up about 6 as usual to feed ravenous starving beasts) then went back to sleep.

I took Douglas to see Blood, the Last Vampire at the movies. The title sounds very gruesome, and although there was quite a lot of red stuff during the film I really enjoyed it.

Douglas introduced me to a Japanese style of animated cartoons known as Anime when I met him, and I have grown to like many of the films I have seen! Please don't quote me, but I think Anime is the film version of a comic book style of art that the Japanese have developed called Manga.

The film first came out as a cartoon, but now its a film with real people in it (and a little bit of animation here and there)

This is from the cartoon version, which I would like to see!


This film was not a cartoon (although a few scenes did contain animation) but the style was the same. Its all about a girl who is a vampire, and whose reason to exist in life is to kill a Demon called Onegin.

On the whole Im not a fan of movies with a lot of violence and blood in them, but I really enjoyed this one, and so did Douglas. I think because it isnt gratuitous violence which many western movies seem to favour, but killing to rid the world of demons, it felt different!

Anyway.......... after that I took Douglast to MeadowHell, where we spent a while pootling around, him in a wheelchair and me pushing him! As it was a weekday afternoon, it wasnt as hellish as it can be, and we had a good time. Douglas was happy because he got two new books!

Well, its very late (early, really) here so I will write up Saturday after Ive had some serious sleep :-)
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZz

No comments: